UNIVERSITE PARIS-DAUPHINE invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in Critical Management Studies (organization, strategy, accounting, management accounting) beginning September 1, 2017.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Université Paris-Dauphine is an University that is well-known for its excellence in research and teaching. It was the first French university to be EQUIS accredited. The University is part of the new excellence research network Paris Sciences et Lettres together with some of the best French Grandes Ecoles. It is located in a premier location of downtown Paris and also has a campus in the business area of La Défense, very close to the west end of central Paris. Université Paris-Dauphine offers a wide range of selective graduate training programs in finance. More information about Paris-Dauphine can be found at www.dauphine.fr/en/welcome.html
JOB DESCRIPTION: Paris Dauphine University invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in critical management studies in DRM MOST (Markets, Organisations, Society and Technologies), one of the Organizational research teams of DRM.
The MOST team comprises a group of researchers specialised in different fields of management around a project based on the critical analysis of the managerialisation and merchandisation of society. Its aim is to develop and promote research focused on the relationships between the ways organisations are governed and the markets and managerial technologies deployed to this end. It also aims to identify and propose alternative forms of design, coordination and testing of organised initiatives.
The researchers on the MOST team conduct work within a range of epistemological paradigms and methodological systems. However, they favour a cross-disciplinary approach and one that places management sciences within the field of social sciences.
In announcing an associate professorship in critical management studies, the department wishes to strengthen its areas of interest: 1) Art and management; 2) New and alternatives forms of organizing; 3) Financialization of management control practices ; 4) Critical perspectives on Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable development ; 5) Social construction of markets.
The Associate Professorship is a 3 year position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing Dauphine programs, including Executive Education, undergraduate and graduate
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting Dauphine’s academic reputation
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to Dauphine-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to Dauphine’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen Dauphine’s international research position.
- PhD degree management science, skills in sociology of management, critical perspective, constructionist/constructivist approaches.
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken) and if possible in French
Dauphine University has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs
Salary is competitive at the European level.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants must submit a letter of interest, a complete CV, sample copies of their research (published or working papers), two or three recommendation letters, and copy of an ID by February 28, 2017. The complete application package should be sent in a single e-mail to:
For inquiries, please contact Professor Nicolas Berland ()